Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Greek Salad

J and B brought this salad to a recent gathering of our small group.  After one taste, I wanted to grab the bowl and just go hide in another room and eat the whole thing.  It is refreshing and delicious and it has cilantro in it. Anything with cilantro in is a hit with me.

The big picture at the top was taken on Christmas Day.  Yes, I served a Greek Salad as a part of my Christmas meal.  Many of my family don't appreciate olives so I served the olives on the side.  Here is a very easy, low-calorie, delicious salad.

4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut into chunks
1 small purple onion, peeled and chopped
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped fine
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
2 cloves garlic
2 T. dried oregano
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. olive oil
2/3 cup pitted black olives
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Place first six ingredients in serving bowl.  Rub the oregano between your hands and sprinkle over the vegetables.  Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the salad.  Add olives.  Toss gently.  Season with salt and pepper.

Calories 96.  Calories from fat 52.  Protein 4 g.  Carbs 7 g.  Dietary fiber 2 g.  Sugar 3 g.  Fat 5 g. 

I was craving the salad again this week.  I peeled two tomatoes and part of a cucumber and added the rest of the ingredients.  It made a delicious lunch at work.

 
Oh I hope you find this salad as amazing as I do!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment