Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spaghetti Sauce

I haven't made this recipe for Spaghetti Sauce in years.  Tonight, however, Kidlet Three wanted spaghetti and I had no bottled sauce.  It was quite a shock to look on the lazy susan and see that there was no Prego, Ragu or any brand spaghetti sauce.  Good-Old Betty Crocker came through again.  Somehow I remembered this good recipe and I just happened to have all of the ingredients we needed. 

2 cloves garlic, cut into halves
2 T. olive oil
2 cans (16 oz. each) whole tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 T. butter
1 t. salt
1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. dried basil
Dash of pepper

Cook and stir garlic in oil over low heat.
Cook until garlic is brown.  Discard garlic.
My boys won't eat chunky spaghetti sauce.  Nor will they eat onions if they see them.  I blended onion and all of the tomatoes until smooth.
Stir the tomatoes into the garlic-infused-oil, along with the butter, salt, sugar, basil and pepper.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.  Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, 40 to 50 minutes.
I cooked farfalle noodles, browned ground beef and made a wonderful feast for The Boys.  A big ladle of sauce was added to the noodles and beef and then topped with shredded cheese.
If you are looking for an amazingly quick spaghetti sauce, check this recipe out.  I will definitely be making this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment