Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

I Honestly Didn't Look Ahead...

Have you ever read the last chapter of a good book because you just couldn't wait to see what happens?  I have to admit I have done that but I didn't last night.

See yesterday as I was getting ready for bed I had such an overwhelming sense of thanksgiving.  It was a strong sensation so I grabbed my iPad and I wrote a post (see yesterday's post for details).

Tonight as I head off to Nighty Night Land I grabbed my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young.  I turned the page to April 6 and started to read.  First sentence goes likes this:

Bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving.

What!  I actually looked at the date to make sure it was today's reading and not yesterday's as the thanksgiving message had hit me yesterday.  Nope...I had the right date.

I honestly didn't look ahead at today's reading.

When these coincidences just happen (and by the way, I don't believe in coincidences or things that just happen), so when things are repeated in my life, I believe God is trying to get my attention.  The word thanksgiving must be something I need more of in my life.

Here is another true thing that happened today.  When I got to work I asked my co-workers if they'd had a good Thanksgiving.  I am absolutely serious!  The holidays got mixed up in my brain and I spoke out the wrong date.


Sarah Young ends her devotion with these words.  I will end this post as well asking you to ponder where you are at in regards to giving God thanks:

When you approach Me with thanksgiving, the Light of My Presence pours into you, transforming you through and through.  Walk in the Light with Me by practicing the discipline of thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment