Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Impossible Pumpkin Pie - Gluten Free

This recipe was given to me years ago by my mom.  My youngest brother had diabetes and this recipe for Impossible Pumpkin Pie is sugar-free so it became the recipe we used.  When Kidlet Three was diagnosed with diabetes, I started making this pie, too.

What I don't really understand is why someone would name this pie "Impossible".  Like maybe it is impossible to screw up?  Or it is impossible to not eat?   This is the name that was on the recipe when my mom first made it and the name continues on today.

This year I changed the Impossible Pumpkin Pie to make it gluten free.  It didn't change the taste and this was the pie I served at our Christmas meal.  It doesn't have a flaky crust like you would expect on pie.  The whole pie is the custard but Gluten-Free Bisquick holds it together.

Impossible Pumpkin Pie

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend well:

3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Bisquick
2 T. olive oil
1 can low-fat evaporated milk
2 eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
My food processor was full to the top when I was done "processing".

Spray a big 10" pie plate with cooking spray.  Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pie pan.  The pan will be full!

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.  

This is what the baked pie will look like:  Cool the pie and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. 
An amazingly easy pie that is creamy and delicious all by itself (although what is pumpkin pie without Cool Whip, right)?

No comments:

Post a Comment