Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Drink Deeply

Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors.  If you've read any of my past blogs, you've read that I have a daily devotional on the bathroom counter.  Max Lucado is the author of the devotionals.  Each day there are excerpts from one of his books that usually pierce my heart.  Such as this one on August 3. 

If anyone believes in me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person's heart.  John 7:38

Don't you need regular sips from God's reservoir?  I do.  In countless situations--stressful meetings, dull days, long drives, demanding trips--and many times a day, I step to the underground spring of God.  There I receive anew his work for my sin and death, the energy of his Spirit, his lordship, and his love.

Drink with me from his bottomless well.  You don't have to live with a dehydrated heart.  Receive Christ's work on the cross, the energy of his Spirit, his lordship over your life, his unending, unfailing love.

Drink deeply and often.  And out of you will flow rivers of living water.

No comments:

Post a Comment