Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bird Chorus

The Frozen Tundra is out of a heat wave now and enjoying cooler temperatures.  At this very moment, the temperature is 65 degrees.  The Husband and I have turned off the air conditioner and opened the windows.  Last night falling asleep with a refreshing breeze flowing into the house was delightful. 

The bird chorus awoke me.

With the windows now open, I had the privilege of being serenaded by a bird chorus this morning.  At 5 a.m. there was one bird that was singing, singing, singing.  I laid in bed listening.  Within minutes, there was a different bird singing.  Both were singing in their own language (or should I say 'in their own chirp'). 

It didn't take long before there were a number of songs being sung outside of my window.  There was a complete chorus assembled by 5:30 a.m. when I finally got out from under the covers.  When I looked out the window, I couldn't see any of the birds but they continued on with their song.

What a blessing to have a choir awaken me with a song of joy.  Songs of praise and thanksgiving.  I found myself humming a song by Kim Walker as I sipped my coffee, still enjoying the bird songs.   Here are the lyrics:

Words could never say, the way.
He says my name
He calls me lovely
No one ever sees, the way.
He looks at me
He sees me, holy.
Words could never hold, this love that burns my soul
Heaven holds me.
Heaven holds me

Chorus:
I can't hold my love back from you
I can't hold my love back from you
I've gotta sing, I've gotta sing, sing my love.

You would not believe, the way.
He touches me
He burns right through me
And I could not forget, every Word He Said.
He always knew me
The earth could never hold, this love that burns my soul.
Heaven holds me
Heaven holds me

Chorus 2:
Oh praise the Lord, praise the Lord.
My soul makes, makes its boast, in the Lord.


I believe those birds were starting their day off in praise.  I am choosing to do that also. 

How about you?  Let's fill this world with a beautiful, amazing song of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment