Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Spy...

Tonight as I get ready for bed, I'm thinking back on everything I saw today.  In a way it is like I'm doing a reflective "I Spy" as I go back over where I was and what I did in this amazing day.  Here's the list I came up with:

*Laundry
*Vanilla coffee beans ground fresh for a big pot of coffee
*Four dozen peaches that I froze
*Hummingbirds at the feeder outside my kitchen window
*Toilet scrub brush (is that too much information?)
*Suitcases packed into the car
*A pug dog, in a car, sticking his head out the window with goggles on
*Many round bales of hay
*The bluest sky with clouds that looked suspended (or cut and pasted in place)
*Highway lines
*My father-in-law excited at our visit
*iPod DJ (we took a road trip and I was in charge of the music)
*A dozen of our states 10,000 lakes
*Road kill too numerous to list
*A deer statue bigger than a semi
*Families or friends gathered at a park
*A horse show at a fairgrounds
*Bugs splat against the windshield
*Sweet corn for sale
*Rain so hard I could hardly see to drive
*The Husband trying to remember the words to "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road"
*My dad and mom
*Pine-tree lined roads
*Sun, then clouds with rain and one mile later, the sun
*Kidlet Three making his grandparents smile
*Potato salad (thanks Mom)
*Great blood sugar numbers for Kidlet Three
*This bed I'm sitting in.  At my parents house.  Everyone is sleeping.  The windows are open and believe it or not, a loon is singing across the lake.

I Spy tremendous blessings in my day.  Some really random blessings (yes, we did see a dog with goggles on leaning out the driver's window of a car) and some Routine-Things-In-Life that we forget to see..like the blue of the sky or the bales of hay in a field.  There is a lot going on in this world if we take the time to really look.

Why don't you play I Spy in your day.  Right now as you are reading this, take a minute or two to think back on your day what you've seen today.  Don't go too fast in this reflection.  I bet you will be amazed at the wonderful things God has placed in your day to enjoy.

He is like that.  He loves to amaze us.

No comments:

Post a Comment