Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chicken Supreme

When you make this meal, you'll hear these words:
Delicious
Yummy
Can I have seconds?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a large, shallow baking dish.
Spread 3/4 cup long-grain rice on the bottom.
Place 6 to 8 chicken breasts on the rice.
Salt and pepper generously.
Mix together 1 can cream of celery soup and 1 can cream of onion soup.  (I used cream of chicken because I had it on hand).
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup dry sherry (I used 1/2 cup red wine, which made my mixture look purple!!!)
Pour half of the liquid over the chicken.
Sprinkle another 3/4 cup rice on the liquid.
Pour remainder of liquid on the rice.
Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds.  (The Husband can't eat almonds so I sprinkled half of the dish).
Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.  Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.  Uncover the dish and bake another 15 minutes.
My guess is that you will hear the same responses that I did tonight.
Chicken Supreme.  Enjoy this amazing dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment