Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Bars

My mom made these bars when I was growing up.  She wrote the recipe down from a radio call-in program  called party line.  I cleaned out my recipe box this weekend and found the recipe I'd copied down when I was probably in junior high school.  It is amazing that I kept the recipe as Kidlet Two has a peanut allergy and we haven't had peanut butter in the house for years!

For a quick, easy bar, give these a try.  I did make them on Saturday and ended up freezing most of the pan (they are hard to say 'no' too so I had to get them out of sight).

Peanut Butter Bars
Cream well:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Blend in:
1 egg, unbeaten
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 t. vanilla

Sift and add:
1 cup flour
1/2 t. soda
1/4 t. salt

Add:
1 cup quick oatmeal

Spread in ungreased 13 x 9 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 package chocolate chips.  Let stand 5 minutes and spread.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment