Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Soft American-Style White Bread

The aroma of freshly baked bread is heavy in the air.

I find myself breathing in, very deeply, to get that scent into my very soul.

Newborn babies, spring rain, freshly washed hair and baking bread are smells that I absolutely love. 

If you close your eyes, can you smell the bread?

Seriously, I have fallen in love with this website.  I purchased their Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook and am enjoying each loaf.

Over the weekend I made Soft American-Style White Bread doughLast night I baked the first loaf.  First, the smell of baking bread was perfect.  The waiting to cut into that loaf was torture (the recipe states to wait until the bread is thoroughly cooled to make slicing easier).  But the wait was worth it.  The Husband, Kidlet Three and I stood at the kitchen counter with our slices of freshly baked and heavily buttered bread.  I think we all talked with our mouth full saying "oh my gosh this is good" and "this is the best homemade bread ever" and "I just have to have another slice."

The loaf rises in the bread pan for 1 hour and 40 minutes.  There is no kneading at all for any of their bread recipes.

And is baked for about 40 minutes.

It is too bad this picture is blurry.  I think I was shaking from excitement when I tried to take the picture.   During the picture taking I had a slice of the bread in the toaster.  I was waiting to slather that slice with my homemade raspberry jam for a bedtime snack!
I really want to give the authors of this book a big SHOUT of praise.  And to honor them and the work they've done, I'm not going to give you their recipe.  If you like bread, rolls, bagels, and pita bread, there are recipes of all of these in the cookbook I purchased.  Amazon.com had a great deal on the book right now so check it out!

If you are a carb-lover like I am....you will be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment