Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Age Doesn't Matter

I am just so blessed.

Yesterday I had the honor of spending the afternoon with a young woman that is 20 years younger than me. 

But age doesn't seem to matter.

She is a delightful person that always has a smile on her face.

At her townhouse there is a beautiful pool so I brought Kidlet Three and a couple of his friends to swim while Young Friend and I visited.

Those 2 1/2 hours went so fast and we didn't get all of our topics discussed!

I am old enough to be her mother yet I get the privilege of being her friend.

She challenges me and I think I challenge her.

We share several common things.  First, we both love Jesus.  Second, diabetes has affected our lives. 

And Kidlet Three and her nephew play baseball and hockey together.

So we've sat together freezing in hockey arenas and sweating under the sun at baseball games.

I am so glad she is in my life. 

And I'm really thankful that age doesn't matter in our friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment