Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Good Road Map

We all need a good road map.  I'm not talking about MapQuest or the GPS system in your vehicle. 

I'm talking about someone or something that leads us, personally, forward. 

Because of my personal relationship (and those aren't just buzz words...I have a personal relationship) with God, He is my road map.

It seems that whenever I have questions or need direction, I can turn to my favorite verses in the Bible and find the answer or path that I need for that very moment.

My favorite verses are Proverbs 3:5-6.  I'm going to list those verses here in several different translations for you to be blessed by them.

Contemporary English Version
With all your heart
you must trust the LORD
and not your own judgment.
Always let him lead you,
and he will clear the road
for you to follow

King James Version
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths

The Message
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.

New Living Translation
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take

If you've never used God's Word as a road map, check it out.  Maybe these verses will show you there is "good direction" in the Bible.
 
His love for you and me is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment