Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

J O Y

Everywhere I turn, I see or hear the word JOY.

It has been going on for several weeks now.

It seems God is talking to me through these

subtle and Not-So-Subtle Nudges.

Perhaps I could miss these Nudges...

but it is bordering on obnoxious how many times

JOY is right there in my face again.

So I went to His Word and started looking up JOY .

In the New International version, there are

...242 verses with JOY in them.

I can see where this is going to be a process.

It is going to take some time for me to really read through

242 verses!

Want to read some with me?

For seven days celebrate the festival to the Lord your God at the place the Lord will choose.  For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the works of your hands, and your joy will be complete.  Deuteronomy 16:15 

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.  1 Chronicles 16:27

Then, led by Jehoshaphat, all the men of Judah and Jerusalem returned joyfully to Jerusalem, for the Lord had given them cause to rejoice over their enemies.  2 Chronicles 20:27

Read the verses again.  Slowly. 

What stands out to you as you read? 

May you (and I) really learn what JOY is. 

Or maybe we will learn WHO joy is...

No comments:

Post a Comment