Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Get Rest

I share all of the following from the book Starting Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer.  I felt a "God Nudge" that someone needed to read this, so here is a good word:

As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness; I shall be fully satisfied when I awake beholding Your form.  Psalm 17:15

The Message Bible states it this way:  And me? I plan on looking you full in the face. When I get up, I'll see your full stature and live heaven on earth.


Each evening the sun sets on all of our problems and on all of the mistakes we made that day.  But something marvelous happens to us as we sleep--the Lord gives us rest physically, mentally, and emotionally.  We are renewed and rejuvenated to face the next day.
 
Today we may wake up with the same problems we had when we went to bed, problems that yesterday we felt we just couldn't take anymore.  But somehow today, after proper rest and sleep, we think, I can do it; I can face it again.  God promises to renew our strength when we rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment