Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

One-Year Anniversary

Today is my One-Year Anniversary of blogging.

Perhaps you don't think that is a big deal to celebrate, but I do!

So, I've lit a birthday candle and I'm typing by candelight to celebrate!

See, for some strange reason I was really scared to blog.  One of those lies got lodged in my head.  When I would think of starting a blog the lie would kick in repeating over and over again:

Who are you that anyone would want to read anything that you write?

Well, because of the courage that I've written about, and because many people in my life over the years have told me I should write, I chose to believe the truth.  The truth being that I can write (somedays) and that just maybe my little stories and ditties might make somebody laugh!  Or that God just might want to teach me something that I could share with the rest of you. 

So, Blogging-Reader-Friends, happy anniversary to you!  Maybe you've been reading since August 26 of last year or maybe you joined up with me at some point along the year.  At any rate, celebrate with me!  And hang on, let's see what this next year brings us! 

I remain, so amazed, at the God of Creation and all that He has done for me!  I give God the glory for any storytelling or writing gifts that come squeaking out of me.  And I would like to challenge you to continue looking for His amazing wonders.  Maybe you don't know His amazing love.  If not, ask Him to show you who He is.  God is amazing.  Jesus is amazing.  Holy Spirit is amazing.


I leave you, by candelight, with these words from the one of my longtime favorite singing groups, Third Day.  
Magnificent Holy Father
I stand in awe of all I see
Of all the things You have created
But still You choose to think of me
Who am I that You should suffer
Your very life to set me free
The only thing that I can give You
Is the life You gave to me

This is my offering, dear Lord
This is my offering to You, God
And I will give You my life
For it's all I have to give

Because You gave Your life for me
I stand before You at this alter
So many have given You more
I may not have much I can offer
Yet what I have is truly Yours

This is my offering...

No comments:

Post a Comment