Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

25th Wedding Anniversary

First, thank you for coming back to this site.  After reading my last post, I knew I might lose some readers so, thank you, for coming back!

Today, August 10, The Husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

It's a miracle!   Here is our wedding party

We had a wedding service that brought glory and honor to God.  Many have commented to us that they had "goose bumps" during our ceremony.  Those weren't goose bumps, that was the Holy Spirit.  God was there and He was blessing our union.  And I am so grateful!  See, He is the third party in this marriage.  The cement, the mediator, the encouragor, the Way!  He is the "third cord" in the following verses with The Husband as one cord and me as the other:

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


The Husband and I made a covenant with one another at our wedding.
We are commited to each other...forever.
And that happens because of the Third Cord.
God has been there with us all the time.
The birth of our Kidlets; good times, crazy times,
sad times and mad times.
God has been there with us all the time.

God gets the glory of 25 years of marriage.

This is one of my favorite photos from our wedding.
My brother, Jim, was a groomsman.
He was so proud that day!
He is with Jesus today and I know he is saying "you did it"


Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment