Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Palm Branches

Vacationing in an area where palm trees are ample, I had a God Nudge.  Sitting outside our condo breathing deeply of the fresh air and admiring the beautiful scenery, the Nudge came:
"Look at the palm branches."
There are tall and short palm trees.
My God Nudge intrigued me so I went in for a closer look.
I love God Nudges.  Because I can Nudge God back.
"OK....I saw the palms.
What was I REALLY suppose to see?"
The God Nudge back to me was this:

The Triumphal Entry

12The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. 13They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting,

"Hosanna!"

"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"

"Blessed is the King of Israel!"

My Lord and Savior, Jesus, was honored by the crowds
as they waved palm branches shouting their praises at Him.
Looking again at those palm branches in my vacation spot, I got goose bumps.
How do I honor my Lord?
Do I bless His Name?
Do I acknowledge who He really is?

I know it is Easter weekend and Palm Sunday was last week.
Yet I think for many of us, we haven't gotten to the point
of even acknowleding who Jesus was.  Do you know the
Story of Jesus dying on the cross?  You probably have heard
that Story.  But did you know that a week before He died,
the very same people praised and honored Him with
palm branches.  They shouted praises, took off their
cloaks and covered the ground so He wouldn't walk on dirt.

So much can happen in a week.  They forgot that He was Truth
and the next weekend chanted to kill Him.

How about you? 

Do you honor Him on holidays and ignore Him the rest of the year?

Jesus, I want to honor You every minute that I am alive.  Every
breath that I take I want it to fill my body with life so that I may
glorify You.

Thank you, God, for the palm branches.  Thank you for the Nudge
You gave me to really look at them.  They are beautiful.
They were a tool used to worship You in Person.

It is You that I choose worship.

Hosanna!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
Blessed is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

No comments:

Post a Comment