Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Singing in the Car

During the drive to the Up North Country on the weekend, The Husband and I played through almost all of the songs on our iPods.

It is a five-hour trip.

We cranked up the volume and we sang at the top of our lungs.

I shuffled the songs so they all popped up at random.

Even through the McDonald's drive-up window when we ordered our ice cream cones.  About that time we were singing "Celebrate good times, come on...doot doo doo doot..."

We sang Journey, Beach Boys, Third Day, Delirious, Black Eyed Peas, etc.

We have quite the collection of songs.

The following song has remained in my head from the weekend.  To me, this is a Firm Foundation song.

It explains my roots and where I choose to plant my feet.

It is the truth and not the invention of any man.

And I sang this at the top of MY lungs in the car...and I'm glad it continues in my mind.

An amazing song set to amazing words.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment