Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Unending Love

I am a sleeper.  I can sleep anywhere and I can sleep through most commotions.  Praise God!  The other night, however, sleep was nowhere to be found.  You know the drill.  You toss and turn, then try to fluff the pillow and re-arrange the blankets.  Sleep wasn't in any of those actions.  As I finally lay still, I started praying.  My prayers started something like this:  "God, You know I have to go to work tomorrow, please help me fall asleep."  Silence and no sleep.  Then I prayed, "God, why would You have me stay awake right now?"

The inner nudge came...."Ephesians 3".

If I am completely honest with you, I wrestled with it for a minute.  I didn't really want to turn on the light and read, I wanted to fall asleep.  But in the silence, again, The Nudge came and it was the same, "Ephesians 3."

So I turned on the light and turned my Bible to that chapter and started to read.  The bottom verses of that chapter made me gasp.  I gasped because there was an issue in my life that I wasn't sure how it was going to be resolved.  And the answer was right there on the pages in Ephesians.

God is so funny!  I knew He wanted me to have a good night's sleep because He wants what is best for me.  However, He also knew that this issue was going to continue on and could potentially become so big and huge before it could be resolved.  So He gave me The Nudge which directed me to the answer.

The answer is...His Unending Love. 

In Ephesians 3, Paul is writing that he didn't feel qualified at all for the tasks God had him doing.  Yet Paul trusted God and knew that God was leading him and guiding him the whole way.  And Paul's response to what God was doing in his life, which was affecting the lives of other people was this:

14-19My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.


20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

Those verses are from The Message Bible.  God's love has no end in its height, its breadth and its length.  Like this picture...unending and inviting.
After reading those verses and spending time in conversation with God, I rolled right over and went to sleep.  I was wrapped up in His love and slept like a baby.
 
If there are any issues in your life that you need answers for, give God a try.  Ask Him for answers.  You won't be disappointed.  He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment