Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beef Stir Fry

What to do with 1 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat?  That was my question the other day.  I had purchased the package to make beef tips to serve over noodles.  Yet, that didn't sound good on the day I was going to cook them.

Instead, I decided to make a beef stir fry.  I marinaded the stew meat in soy sauce for several hours in the refrigerator.  Then I heated about 2 T. olive oil in my frying pan (I don't own a wok) and I quickly cooked up the meat.  Then I added the vegetables:  carrots, green onions, frozen peas and frozen broccoli (what was left in the bag).  The frozen vegetables added liquid in the pan and caused quite the steam bath!

When the vegetables were crisp-tender, I removed everything to a side dish.  I used a slotted spoon to keep the liquid in the frying pan.
Four cups of cooked Jasmine Rice were added into frying pan and quickly stirred to soak up all the pan juices.
The meat and vegetables were added back into the frying pan and stirred together...quickly!  I could tell there was some burning taking place so I did add about 1/2 cup of water!
This was a fun, enjoyable meal and lot "lighter" than the beef tips and gravy over noodles that I had originally intended.  In fact, this was an amazing meal that I enjoyed for lunch for several days!

No comments:

Post a Comment