Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Musings

Here it is, Monday morning, and the weekend flew by so quickly!  We certainly accomplished a lot but it seems it was just Friday...

Friday evening we drove to A Bigger City to meet Kidlet One and Favorite-Son-In-Law for supper.   Kidlet Three brought along a friend and after eating, they raced around the indoor amusement park going from one ride to another.

Saturday was laundry day.  By 10 a.m. I think I had five loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and ready to put away.  Around 11, a friend called asking if she could stop by to pray with me.  It was embarrassing to tell her I was still in my pajamas, to which she replied, "You can pray in your pajamas"!  I did change and was ready by the time she arrived.  We spent an hour praying for friends and family situations.  I love the sensitivity in this friend to call and pray.

Dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and sweeping were the activities for the rest of the afternoon.  The Husband went to the nursing home to visit with his father and on the way home, bless his heart, he stopped to get Chinese food.  Yum, yum.

Sunday's activities included:  pancakes for breakfast, church, out for lunch, picking out new carpet for the basement, learning how to sell books on Amazon, making stuffed shells for supper and killing brain cells.

In a future post I'll show you the hippie room we've had in the house.  It was brightly painted many years ago  by Kidlet One.  Kidlet two moved into the room and added posters and tape.  Oh, yes, and bumper stickers adhered to the walls.  As I prepare to paint in this room, the sticky adhesive left on the walls is massive.  So I am using a very potent adhesive remover that kills brain cells along the way.  Uff da.  Despite windows being opened and fan blowing, I was able to remove 15 pictures and posters from 1 1/2 walls before I felt sick to my stomach from the fumes.  The good news, there was a nice breeze last night so I sat on the deck and cleared my mind and hopefully, rejuvenated some brain cells.  Another good news item, the remaining walls don't have as many posters on them.

And after a long-soaky bath, it was time for a good night's sleep and here I am: ready to tackle an amazing week.  May your week be amazing, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment