Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

W-E-L-L

Another great devotion from Grace For The Moment, Volume II, Max Lucado.  Here is the October 3 entry:

I give you this...prayer for the thirsty heart.  Carry it just as a cyclist carries a water bottle.  The prayer outlines four essential fluids for soul hydration:  God's work, God's energy, his lordship, and his love....Just think of the word W-E-L-L.

Lord, I come thirsty.  I come to drink, to receive.  I receive your work on the cross and in your resurrection.  My sins are pardoned, and my death is defeated.  I receive your energy.  Empowered by your Holy Spirit, I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.  I receive your lordship.  I belong to you.  Nothing comes to me that hasn't passed through you.  And I receive your love.  Nothing can separate me from your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment