Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mohawk and Muffins

Kidlet Three got a mohawk. This is a really goofy picture isn't it!
His 12-year-old baseball buddies decided mohawks would be a
great idea as they traveled to a national baseball tournament recently. 
All of the boys were buzzed except for one boy.  I think that boy
that said no has guts.  It is truly a sight to see these buzzed-boys
running around the baseball field.
Growing out this hair will definitely be interesting....

Muffins.  I've been on a muffin-baking kick lately.  Probably because a
co-worker has the best recipe that I've made over and over.  This recipe
makes at least 28 muffins so my freezer is full of nummy blueberry and
raspberry muffins.  And, this is a fail-safe recipe, unlike the
oatmeal cookie recipe I have to tackle again soon. 

Sour Cream Muffins
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 t. salt
4 well beaten eggs
1 1/2 cup light sour cream
1 t. soda
2 3/4 cups flour

Mix butter, sugar, and salt until light, with mixer. Add eggs, sour cream, soda and flour.
Mix well.  I didn't use the lowfat sour cream in my last batch.  But honestly, you can't tell a difference in the taste.  The batch with lowfat versus the batch with full-fat (did I just make up a word??) sour cream taste the same to me...delicious!
Pour into greased muffin tins or paper cup liners.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and sugar (there were no measurements for this in the original recipe.)  I "eyeball" this because I like nutmeg so I don't mind if I get a stronger taste from it.

Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  Recipe says it makes 20 muffins.  My muffin tins stretch it to 28.
For a different twist, add fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries,
dried cranberries or my favorite.....chocolate chips! 
This batch is a healthier version since I added raspberries.
Or at least that is what I tell myself because they have fruit
in them!
These muffins freeze well so I always keep a batch on hand.
Make up a batch of these nummy treats and let me know what you added!

No comments:

Post a Comment