Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Encouragement


Therefore encourage one another
and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

Encouragement is something I think God has gifted me with.
I wouldn't go as far as saying I was a cheerleader.
Nope, I was never a true cheerleader wearing the
uniform and that kind of thing.

If you've been reading with me for awhile, you
may remember the posting about me being an

For some reason, God has felt I could handle being
an encourager.  He allows me to see hurts in people
or He brings people into my life that need encouragement.

Basically, He is setting me up to use His giftings--the
gifts He has given me.  None of this is about me. 
It is all about Him. 

Long ago I realized that in
myself, I have very little to give to this world.  It
wasn't until I saw my sinful self and came to the understanding
that the Creator of All could give me a clean start.  Salvation
and a New Identity with Him as my Lead.

And what an Awesome Life I have with Him.
There is never a boring day!

I see myself as a vessel.  When I choose to
surrender myself to Him, then He fills me with
His Love, Compassion, Encouragement, Hope,
Salvation, Peace, did I say Love?  Then He
pokes holes in my vessel so I can leak Him
to the world around me.

Well, maybe that isn't exactly how God does it
but since I'm a visual person, that is how I
picture Him doing this!

Now the other day I was the one that received
encouragement.  Oh how I was surprised and
speechless.  (I just heard a big gasp...those of
that know me probably can't believe I was
speechless...well, I was)!

For my work, sometimes I walk outside to
go from one building to another.  There is a
church in the downtown of My City and I
walk past this church frequently.  Recently,
someone has used sidewalk chalk and had
written messages on the sidewalk.  It makes
me cry, again, just thinking of the proclamation
and invitation they wrote on the sidewalk.

Take a look:

This last one is faint but it is an invitation
to have a fantastic day!

It was SO encouraging to me to see someone
else in My City invite God, in His many names,
to "come".
Yes, Lord, come!
Yes, Holy Spirit, come!
Yes, Father, come!
Love on us, restore us, renew us, heal us!

Thank you to the person(s) that wrote on the sidewalk.
I was so very encouraged.
And even those of us that are encouragors,
we need encouragement, too.
Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment