Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Coolest Thing

All things are worth nothing compared with the greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.  Philippians 3:8

Want to know the coolest thing about Christ's coming?  Not that the One who hung the galaxies gave it up to hang doorjambs....  Not that he refused to defend himself when blamed for every sin of every slut and sailor since Adam....  Not even that after three days in a dark hole he stepped into the Easter sunrise with a smile....  That was cool, incredibly cool.

But...the coolest thing about the One who gave up the crown of heaven for a crown of thorns--he did  it for you.   Just for you.

He Chose the Nails by Max Lucado

********
The above was a part of my morning devotional.  Nothing can stand in my way today.  I feel so empowered knowing that if I were the only person on this earth, Jesus would've left His Heavenly Father's side to come to earth and pay the price of my sin.  Just for me.

You have to admit that is pretty amazing.  Better yet.  He did if for YOU.

Dear Reader, this is Truth.  No matter what you've done or not done in your life, there is nothing compared to the greatness and love in knowing Jesus Christ.  Just say it out loud...hey God, if you are real, help me understand this Jesus thing.  Wait for the answer.  I know it will be shown to you.  Because of His unending, overflowing, indescribable love.  

Amazing grace...how sweet the sound....Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment