Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Randomness


  • The air is chilly this morning and I shivered under the covers before climbing out of bed.  How thankful I am for the different seasons we have in This Frozen Tundra.
  • My fulltime job is being shaken in every way possible.  Thankfully I still have a job.
  • In the realignment of my job, I have been told I need to complete my Bachelor's degree to qualify for the position I've been doing for 28 years.  Sigh.  I'm not sure this old brain has the energy, stamina and brain cells to remember how to study!  There are many school options that I'm investigating and I'm thankful for options.
  • With summer sports completed, we have empty evenings.  Recently I enjoyed supper/coffee/laughing with some really cool young women.  They energize me and I love hearing what God is doing in their lives.
  • It is eight months since my knee surgery.  I am really thankful I had the surgery as there is no arthritis pain in that knee.  It amazes me that a year ago I would walk to different buildings on my work campus and endure a throbbing, painful knee during meetings or when I went to teach.  Now, I walk that same path and there is no pain.  I do have tight ligaments and muscles that I continually need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out otherwise my knee feels tight.  
  • My Kidlets are well and happy.  That warms a mother's heart and I'm so proud of them!
  • My folks continue to battle this cancer/chemo thing.  Dad is a true warrior in this battle to beat the disease while Mom is the encourager, worrier, nurse, and prayer soldier.
  • Some arthritis has crept into my hands so I've been told to not do any crocheting or "things that would aggravate your hands".  Good grief, pulling on pants aggravates my hands..what am I supposed to do about that?  Seriously, I have taken a step back from crafts although my fingers are itching at projects I want to start.  Soon I'll post the sewing project I've taken on.
  • Well, is this enough randomness for one post?  I have an amazing day ahead of me and I should get started in it.  May you have an amazing day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment