Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Breakfast This Morning


 
I recently purchased a box of peaches (at least 50 peaches) and have frozen most of the luscious fruit but there were a few that I left out to bake with.  Several friends were planning to stop by on Sunday evening so I made up this recipe to test out on them:  Avons-end-of-summer-sunday-morning-peach-coffee-cake/detail.aspx     
 
This cake is delicious!  We enjoyed a slice last night just warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream.  This morning I've enjoyed another slice with a cup of hot coffee. 
 
You can get the details of the recipe on the link above, but this is a healthy cake (in my opinion).  The ingredients include:
 
maple syrup
peach yogurt but I used vanilla
banana
steel cut oats
white and whole wheat flour
peach
chopped pecans but I used walnuts
cinnamon
 
Anything with cinnamon is good!
 
Try this recipe for an amazing healthy coffee cake!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment