Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wait for Peace

I took this picture on a Way-Up-North lake on land my parents purchased.

There is such peace that falls over me when I look at it.  Maybe because I know the lake is so small and protected.  There are no boats zipping around the water.  As we fished with the motor off, the sounds of nature were all we heard.

Peace.

There was such peace on the lake the day I grabbed my camera to snap the photo.

My daily devotion for yesterday from Joyce Meyer's book, Starting Your Day Right, was entitled Wait for Peace.  Let me share it with you:

**********
A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.  Proverbs 16:9

You may have to step out to find out the right thing to do.  If you don't hear clearly from God, just step in the direction you think you should go, and then wait for peace.  If you lose your peace, back out of wherever you were headed.

Dave and I almost bought two different buildings to house our ministry.  We were in negotiations until, one morning after praying, Dave said  "Joyce, I don't have peace about buying that building.  I feel like God is saying, 'If you buy that building, you are going to be sorry later.'" So we waited for peace, and now we have a building that is completely paid for with room to grow.  Pray until you find peace.
*********

Friend, are you looking for peace in your life, in a decision or situation?  I love that God says through Joyce...just step out.  Sometimes we have to make a step before the peace comes.  Don't be afraid to take a step before the peace comes.  

Or perhaps you need to stop and be silent for a bit.  Like the flower and the lily pads.  Just float in silence with God.  Let His peace wash over you.

Amazing peace.  It keeps me...so amazed...

No comments:

Post a Comment