Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mini Muffin Smores

***Warning***

The food item described below is dangerous.  You will not be able to eat just one of these mini muffin smores.

This evening we arrived home from a multi-day vacation.  Within an hour of our arrival home, Kidlet Three needed to leave for hockey practice.  Thankfully I had shredded barbecue chicken in the freezer that I could thaw for a quick supper. 

After supper, my sweet tooth was not satisfied and I started craving something chocolate.  One of the recipes floating through Facebook came into my mind and I just knew that was what I needed to make tonight.  The recipe is called Smore Cups aka Mini Muffin Smores.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

7 whole graham crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 T. butter, melted

Combine the above ingredients.
Drop a spoonful of graham-cracker mixture into each cup of a mini muffin pan.  Gently press the mixture down.

Bake 4-5 minutes.

Remove from oven. 

I used chocolate chips instead of Hershey bars.  Into each cup I dropped four chocolate chips.
Cut large marshmallows in half.   Place marshmallow cut side down in each cup.
Bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from oven and set aside for 15 minutes.
Remove the smores from the pan. 
As I 'snacked' on them, I decided to not add the additional chocolate to the top. 

Bet you can't eat just one of these amazing treats!



No comments:

Post a Comment