Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

This and That

*My Dad completed round one of chemo with no side effects.  Thank you for praying for him and please continue!

*Kidlet Three made the baseball team tryouts for his high school's 9th grade team.  They have been practicing for almost a month INSIDE because of the snow and rain we've had.  Finally this week they were able to play two games.  Game one they won 11-4 and game two they won 18-7.

*I worked from home today with the outside temperature reaching a high of 71.  All my windows were open and I got so much work done listening to the birds chirping outside.

*Garlic & cheddar cheese biscuits.  I made them for supper tonight and they were nummy.  Too bad they are not fat free...

*Grandbaby Claire is a month old.  She was born weighing 5 pounds 6 ounces.  Today Kidlet One texted me to say Claire now weighs 8 pounds 2 ounces! 

*It is already five months ago that I had total knee surgery.  I have no arthritis pain in that knee anymore.  What a blessing that is!  I gave up using the cane about a month ago but I still have a limp so I'm working on changing my walking.  Daily I ride an exercise bike as the stiffness in my knee hasn't gone away and I still get swelling.  The last hurdle I face is walking up stairs.  I've been going up one stair at a time except for the past 2 weeks.  Now I hang on for dear life but I walk up the stairs in our house like a normal person (just very slowly).

*Isn't this the most random of posts...

*Back to my knee, I also walked around the block tonight.  I haven't been able to do that for years. Walking was so painful and my knee would throb afterwards.  I can finally say I am thankful for the surgery!

*Tomorrow we travel to a Close City for Kidlet Three's baseball game.  It will be fun to dig out the suntan lotion because the forecast is for a warm, sunny day.  It will be a perfect day to be at a ballpark.

*Kidlet Three has the TV clicker and is switching between a hockey game and a baseball game.  He clicks so fast between them I'm almost getting dizzy.

*Now that you are bored and ready to click away from this posting, I'll end.   Look for something amazing in your day and thank God for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment