Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chemo Begins

Tomorrow my Dad begins his chemo.  Last week he had surgery to have a PowerPort catheter placed in his chest so the IV chemo can go in there.   Our family has this funny habit of naming things like Happy Honda for the family car.  So when I asked Dad what he wanted to call this port he threw me off when he promptly said "Power Port".  I told him that sounded like a Super Man term so I've decided to call it the Super Man Power Port.  My Dad is a Super Man so the name fits!

We are all trying to keep a happy, positive attitude as this new adventure or as my Mom calls it, The Journey, begins.  Cancer and chemo are big words that cause new journeys.

Over and over the past few weeks I've had the following Bible verse almost thrown at me.  A friend sent me a greeting card with the verse written out.  Another friend prayed for my Dad with me and prayed the exact verse.  On Monday, The Verse kept coming to my mind.  Over and over it ran through my thoughts. 

My amazing God wanted my attention and He used multiple sources to finally get it.

Once I read The Verse in different Bible versions, it became very clear that this is a key verse to proclaim as The Journey of Chemo Begins.

No matter where you are in life and what is going on around you, I bet this verse will touch your heart, mind and soul as it did with me.

Joshua 1:9 in the New International Version
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

In the New Life Version, the verse is written like this:
Have I not told you? Be strong and have strength of heart! Do not be afraid or lose faith. For the Lord your God is with you anywhere you go.

And from a version of the Bible I've never heard of, The Voice version, it is written:
This is My command: be strong and courageous. Never be afraid or discouraged because I am your God, the Eternal One, and I will remain with you wherever you go.

Praise God, the One that keeps me amazed!

1 comment:

  1. DEBBIE!!! I can not tell you how that verse Be strong and courageous is so for me too. WOW you blow me away. I have been praying for you friend and will continue. Thanks for ministering through your pain and suffering. Love you sister. He we go on this ride with you. Hold on this roler coaster is about to start. Keep your hands and arms in at all times and seats fastened. :) Allison King

    ReplyDelete