Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

New Knee Update 1

The appointment with the knee surgeon arrived in the mail this week.  This is in regard to my post All I Want For Christmas is a New Knee.  Not only did I get the appointment letter, but a brochure and a DVD.   I've never heard of receiving a DVD for a medical appointment.

So, with a bowl of popcorn I sat down to watch my own personal DVD. 

The message on the DVD and in the brochure are very clear:  there are decisions that need to be made and preparations to be done before going to the hospital for surgery.

After watching the DVD, I brought the list of preparations to The Husband.  As I read through the list, The Husband got a really strange look on his face.  When I got to the end of the list, he kind of gulped and said "is your mom coming to help"?   Which made me giggle.  I knew what was going through his mind....hockey. 

Kidlet Three is done with hockey tryouts and the season has started.  Practices are three and four times per week and games will be starting.  My surgery and rehab will be right smack in the middle of the hockey season.  

What I should have added to the end of the list of preparations was that my mom had already offered to come help out.  Once I mentioned that to The Husband, he literally sighed in relief. 

So I'm working through the prep list, which includes making an easy way to get in and out of bed.  I realized all of those magazines and books that I've stacked next to my bed to 'read some day' could be an obstacle. 

My appointment to see the surgeon is on November 1.  I'll give you an update after that appointment.

An amazing journey for this knee surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment