Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mysterious vs. Faithful

I've been thinking a lot lately.  Thinking, running Kidlet Three to hockey practices, making jam, chatting with friends, sorting out a closet and all that stuff that takes time. So I haven't posted for awhile.

But I've been thinking during all of those activities.

Thinking on how mysterious God is.  It is mysterious how the whole world and all the galaxies beyond work in perfect timing and are synchronized to move so they don't collide.  Isn't it mysterious how the human body works?  The trees in my area have had three different stages of color change this fall in preparation for the winter season soon upon us.  We have enjoyed brilliant colors.  Oh what wonderful mysteries this life is full of that we get to enjoy.

There are many, MANY things that go on in this world that I question their purpose or how good can ever come from any of it.  The mysteries of sickness, the death of a really good person, how a friend can think that divorce is an option, or how parents abandon or hurt their kids. 

This week Kidlet One was diagnosed with celiac disease.  She has been feeling so awful.  The good news is that one week on a gluten-free diet she said she feels "300%" better. 

With her diagnosis it means all three of my Kidlets have a life-threatening disease or allergy.  It makes me a little mad.  I had my boo-hoo hissy fit with God which included me saying the words "it isn't fair" and "why would You let this happen" and finally, "can't you give my family a break".

There was a little anger for me to work through, huh!

My God is so amazing.  He let me have my poo-poo time with Him and then He asked me a question.  In that little inner Nudge He asked me this:

AM I FAITHFUL?

If I hadn't been in the middle of the grocery store in the gluten-free food aisle having a melt-down at how expensive the gluten-free foods are, I would've fallen to my knees and said "YES..YES...YES...Lord, You Are Faithful.

I waited until I got to the car.

In the car I had a vision of a scale.  The type of scale that has plates on the left and right.  On the left I saw all of the mysteries and questions I had for God.  It tipped the scale down toward the left.  On the right side of the scale I saw God's faithfulness.  His faithfulness to me and His faithfulness to all of mankind.  And I watched the right side of the scale become fuller and fuller until it dipped way down, outbalancing the mysteries.

God's faithfulness far outweighs all of the mysteries in this world.

Amazing and true!

No comments:

Post a Comment