Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocolate Lunch


Today is a day off from work. The Husband let me sleep in and he drove Kidlet Three to school. Sleeping until 8:30 is a treat and I sure appreciated it.

It is only noon and I've had so many distractions and funny interruptions today it has made me just stop and giggle. In future posts I'll show you what some of these distractions were.

I've had a hankering for something chocolate. Imagine that! It isn't a new hankering. Yesterday I was going to make chocolate chip cookies but we didn't have any butter and I like using shortening and butter in my cookies. The Husband made a 10 pm run to the grocery store to get milk. As he was heading out the door I shouted out "we also need butter and something chocolate." It was kind of funny how he was halfway out the door and stopped when he heard the "something chocolate" statement. I did hear him say "oh brother" as he continued out the door. Being the good Husband that he is, he bought me a candy bar to eat before bed.

So maybe that bedtime snack triggered my baking urge this morning because all I can think of baking! A recipe from my Mom came floating through my head so I dug out my baking supplies and went to work.

Did the picture above of my baking supplies make you think I was making a Tupperware commercial?  Just watch...

Chocolate S-More Bars
1 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. soda
2 T. milk

Mix the dry ingredients together.  Note:  More Tupperware!!


Add the butter smooshing it into the dry ingredients.  Stir in the milk.  Press the mixture into a 13x9 pan.  


Sprinkle 2 cups mini marshmellows over the mixture.  I used more than 2 cups as I love the chewy melted marshmellow goo.  Also, the marshmellows were sticky and I had to use more than what the recipe called for...I couldn't get them off my fingers!

Sprinkle 2 cups of chocolate chips on top of the marshmellows.  Place the pan in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 25 (long) minutes.  Long if you are waiting for chocolate...
Here is the final product and what I am having for lunch today.
Seriously!

A chocolate lunch on a day away from work.
It doesn't get much better than this!
Amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment