Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shiver Shiver Brrrrr.....

  On the first week of May, this was brought to me:

Four winning games of baseball
Three nights of  cheering-in-the-rain
Two nights of traveling
And one birthday party in a tent.

Sorry I haven't posted more this week.  Here is a recap of my week starting with the most recent event.  If you are a praying person, please pray for my father-in-law.  He went to the hospital by ambulance yesterday.  Sometime during the night he became disoriented, fell, and wasn't found for many hours.   I am so grateful he is alive, knows who we are and is talking.  He does, however, have some medical issues now that we need a miracle.  Also, we need wisdom on future care for grandpa.  Thank you!!!

Back to the week.  Kidlet Three's baseball league started this week.  He played four games of baseball and the team won all four games.  Night one was a pleasant evening to watch the team win 11-2.  The second night, however, was windy, windy, windy and windy!  Shiver, shiver brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Parents used sleeping bags, quilts, blankets, anything to stay warm.  The main topic of conversation was "how crazy the weather is during the first week of May".

One family put up an umbrella tent.  It blocked the wind and they stayed warmer.  The Husband was so intrigued by this, he went out the next day and purchased one for us.  It was one of the best purchases he's made.

I call our umbrella tent "the cabana".  It looks like a beach cabana...kind of!  Snuggled in our cabana are friends of ours that ventured out on this cold night to watch Kidlet Three.  We entertain in our cabana so feel free to stop by if you are ever in the baseball neighborhood!  We celebrated my birthday at a baseball game.  I would've taken pictures but my fingers were so frozen I couldn't push the button on the camera!  Shiver Shiver Brrrrrrrrrr.......

The four games haven't all been won by such a big margin.  There was a nail-bitter game in which they won by one run.  But, the team is on a winning streak and we are excited about how they are playing together. 
I'm sure you'll be seeing more baseball photos
from me this year.   Hopefully you'll see us
in our "cabana" staying out of the hot, hot sun
instead of
shiver shiver brrrrr....keeping us warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment