Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A New Language

Blogging is like learning a second language. Sometime in the future I'll write about my Spanish classes and how I cried when I realized I had to conjugate verbs.  Blogging has a vocabulary and life all to itself.  Knowing that I eventually learned how to conjugate a Spanish word, I decided I was up to the challenge of learning blogging.  Rolling up my sleeves, I started my attack!
  • I Googled.  This has become my third best friend behind God, The Husband and my girlfriends.
  • Stumbled on http://www.amybayliss.com/.  She gives tips on her blog about how to blog.
  • Went to the public library.  There must be other people interested in blogging as two of the books I wanted were checked out.  Found this one:  The IT Girl's Guide to Blogging with Moxie by Joelle Reeder & Katherine Scoleri.
So I've updated my template and made a few other tweaks to the blog site.  This learning a new "language" is fun and a challenge.  I have to say, I'm amazed at the blogging world! 

We're never too old to learn...look for something in your day that you can learn about and...be..amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment