Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Parsley Chicken with Lime Rice



This summer I have had almost every type of fast food because of baseball games every single night. Don't get me wrong, I am not proud of this.

When I finally had a night at home it was with great joy that I made a homemade meal.  We almost licked our plates the food was so good.  I marinated chicken in a parsley concoction then grilled it.  Along with this was lime rice and a cucumber/tomato salad.  If you are looking for a delicious meal, give this recipe a try.

Parsley Chicken
3 pounds trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
1 large lemon, washed thoroughly
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced and pressed
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper

Halve lemons and juice well.  Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl.  Add chicken and coat evenly.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.  Honestly, I mix mine together before going to work so it marinates at least six to eight hours.  

Preheat grill.  I grill my chicken off direct heat (on the shelf) 10 minutes on each side or until done.  Remove from the grill and let set about 10 minutes before serving.

Lime Rice
1 tsp. vegetable oil or butter
2 tsp. fresh cilantro
2/3 cup white basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lime

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring until melted.  Add rice and lime juice, stir 1 minute.

Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.  At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.  Add in cilantro and fluff with a fork.

I wish you could have been here to enjoy this amazing meal with us!  Let me know if you make this and how you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment