Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Wisdom Hope Thankful - Update on My Dad

Wisdom Hope Thankful.

My Dad and My Mom live in Little City USA.  Their options of medical care are at least a one-hour drive from their home.  The Next Big City where My Dad received his chemo couldn't perform the liver biopsy that was determined to be next steps so My Parents drove two hours to The Bigger City.

The doctor/surgeon that met with us was so kind, compassionate, and explained things very clearly. He called My Dad's cancer very interesting.  We could tell he had spent time reading and looking at the radiology films.  How thankful we were for God hand picking this man to review Dad's records and meet with us.  

And how thankful we were the suggested liver biopsy was scheduled within that same week!

The pathology report from the liver biopsy did show metastasis of colon cancer to the liver.  

And a strong possibility of spread to the bone.

The doctor had prepared us for this possibility and had also used the words:  slow-growing and make long-term plans.

Hope is a very powerful word.

We heard hope in that doctor's words.

Merriam Webster defines wisdom as:  

wis·dom

 noun \ˈwiz-dəm\
: knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life

The next steps were to return to The Next Big City to see the oncologist in charge of My Dad's care.  I wanted to be at that appointment so headed north for The Long Drive.  As I drove, two dear friends telephoned me separately to chat and both prayed with me.  Both of them prayed for the doctor to have wisdom and that My Parents and I would have wisdom during the appointment.

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

God totally answered the prayers of my friends (and the host of others that were praying for us). Doctor P started explaining the possible next steps, another round of chemo, but then he said:

I think a another opinion is warranted here

He went on to say:  If you were my dad I would want another opinion. This is a very interesting case.

Wisdom 
Hope 
Thankful

I have worked in the medical field for 35 years and there are just a handful of doctors that I have met that would admit they would like a patient to get another opinion.  How thankful we are for the humility and compassion of this man!

With thankful, hopeful hearts, we await the appointment that will be scheduled for My Dad in the medical facility in My City.  We continue to ask God for wisdom as we venture forth.  

Friends, God keeps His promises. He promised that if any of you lacks wisdom, ask Him for it. Irregardless of who you are and your relationship with Him.  He will give it to you.

Daily I am So Amazed at the God of this Universe and His loving care for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment