Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Granola

My laptop died!  Seriously died.  It has taken us a couple of days to re-install the operating system and all the applications.  Thankfully it is now up and running and I can post again!

During my non-computer time, I did some cooking.  I was hungry for granola to stir into my yogurt.  Somewhere along the way I'd picked up a new recipe to try. This recipe is not too sweet.  The next time I make it I will definitely add a little bit of cinnamon.
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup slivered almonds (I'm still learning how to zoom in on my new camera)
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup flax seed (I bought the already ground flax seed)
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 cup applesauce.   That is half of this container.  I ate the other half!
2 T. maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl/
Stir until everything is combined.
Spread evenly over a cookie sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.  Stir occasionally.
This is an amazing granola over low-fat vanilla yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment