Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gone All Day Beef Stew

This is one of the best beef stew recipes I've found.  All of the ingredients go in the crock pot before I leave for work and when I come in the door at the end of the day...ooohhh  la la...it smells delicious in my house.

Take a look at "Gone All Day Beef Stew"
2 pounds cooked beef chuck, cut in 1-inch to 2-inch cubes.  I use leftover roast beef or steak.
3 medium carrots cut into bite-size pieces
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch chunks
1/2 cup celery, cut in 1-inch chunks
Onion, to taste, finely chopped
Fresh mushrooms, sliced and optional
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup water or red wine
1/4 cup flour
Mix these three ingredients together and pour into crock pot.

Add 2 beef bouillon cubes
1 T. oregano
Salt and Pepper

Add the vegetables and beef. to the soup mixture. Stir everything really well. Cover and set crock pot on low.  Cook 6 to 8 hours.
Here is the completed stew.  I serve this with Artesan Bread.  It is delicious and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment