Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Taco Soup

I've been in a cooking and baking mode.  My boys are very happy!  Today I made Roasted Pork Loin in Ginger.  Then I made homemade rolls.  The plan is to have some nummy pork sandwiches for supper. 

The problem is that I haven't been good in my tracking what I've been eating this week.  So one pork sandwich could end up being three.  I know myself.

So.....

I also made a pot of Taco Soup which on the Weight Watcher web site calculates out to 2 or 3 points per cup.  And a cup of this soup fills me up.

This will be my lunches for the week and will keep me from snacking in the afternoons.

I can't take credit for this delicious soup.  See I ride the City Bus to work and a lady that gets on two stops after me gave me the recipe.  Her name is Cindy so I'll give a shout out to Cindy...THANKS FOR RECIPE CINDY!

1 pound hamburger browned with 1/2 chopped onion. 

 

Oh, I love onion so I really used about 3/4 of a large onion.

All of the canned goods listed below should not be drained.  Pour the whole thing in.

1 can Rotelle tomatoes (I bought the  can with lime juice and cilantro for an extra "bite")
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can chili beans with gravy
1 can pinto beans (sometimes I use black beans)









1 can whole kernel corn










To the browned hamburger, add 1 package taco seasoning mix and 1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.  Now if you don't have the dry ranch mix, do like I do.  Use the prepared dressing.  I added about 1/8 cup to the soup.

Mix all ingredients into a crockpot or stock pot and simmer for 1 hour. 


And then ladle up a cup of this delicious taco soup. 
Amazingly delicious and it freezes well, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment