Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brownie Cupcakes

Sometimes I just need chocolate.

I try explaining this to The Husband and Kidlet One, but that Y chromosome leaves them staring at me, mouths gaping open, when I tell them of the need.

Kidlet Two left one of his cookbooks from culinary school at home.   Paging through it, I found a recipe for Brownie Cupcakes .

Want to see one them?

I saw that...you just tried licking the computer screen to see what that cupcake tasted like!!!

You will want to make these.  If you, like I, have needs for chocolate, these are easy and very chocolate-fulfilling! 

Brownie Cupcakes
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 t. vanilla
dash of salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Melt chocolate and butter.  Cool slightly.  Combine sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla and salt.  Add nuts to chocolate mixture to coat the nuts.  Combine the two mixtures.  Mix only until blended.  Do not beat.  Pour into paper-lined cupcake pans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.  Do not frost.

I used my special heart-decorated cupcake liners

The recipe makes 24 cupcakes

Both pans fit into my oven


And this beauty was served to the Young Women's Group with a choice of oreo ice cream or dutch chocolate ice cream.

Did I mention they are not low calorie!

Fudgy Brownie Cupcakes...the answer to any chocolate need...



No comments:

Post a Comment