Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gosh, We've Got It Good

I was sitting here at the computer when this overwhelming sense of thankfulness washed over me.  The reality of all that I have flashed through my mind.
These homes...yes, they are homes, were in an area of Saltillo, Mexico that I visited several years ago on a missions trip.  There were also cardboard box homes.

My home is more than adequate, extremely comfortable, warm and keeps me safe.

I sat in a restaurant tonight reading through the four-page menu trying to decide what to eat.  There were so many choices, it was hard to decide what I needed.  Really?  What food I needed


This rocky area is a park.  Again, in Mexico.  Our group was directed here to set up a vacation Bible school since this is the area in which the neighborhood children play.  They play with rocks and hard-packed dirt.

I have a lush, grass-covered lawn with flowers, trees and shrubs.

And I have my health.  I am so thankful for my health.  My knee rehab continues and will for several months.  But I can walk/limp.  I can breath without assistance.  I can come and go, and go, and go and go anywhere. 

Gosh, I've got it good.

Reader, do you realize all you have?  You at least have a computer or smart phone to read this blog on.  Do you have a home?  Do you have an abundance of food?  Do you have the ability to enjoy green grass, parks or lakes in which to play?  And do you have your health?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions I would say to you:  Gosh, you've got it good.

Gosh, we've all got it good.

Throughout your day, why not whisper a thanks to God for everything you are thankful for. 

I bet you won't run out of things to be thankful for.

Because, we've got it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment