Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rest Again and Again

On December 1 I wrote this post on Rest.

Eight days later, on December 9, here is the devotional that appeared on our Max Lucado daily devotional:

******
God knows us so well.  He can see the store owner...thinking "Somebody needs to work that day.  If I can't, my son will."  So God says, nor your son.  "Then my daughter will."  Nor your daughter.  "I guess I'll have to...find some stranger to help me."  No, God says.  One day of the week you will say no to work..and..rest.  Still we object..but God silences...all [our objections]...[His] message is plain:  "If creation didn't crash when I rested, it won't crash when you do." 

Repeat these words after me:  It is not my job to run the world.
******

Yesterday, my December 19 devotional from Joyce Meyer had this message:
******

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest.  [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]  Matthew 11:28

Getting stress out of your life takes more than prayer alone.  You must take action to make changes and stop doing whatever is causing the stress.   You can learn to calm down in the way you handle things.

Jesus invited us to come to Him if we are overburdened.  He promised to refresh us if we are weary, worn out, or overworked.  Take time to go to Jesus anytime you feel that you are going over the edge of peace and into the pit of stress.  Let His presence refill and refresh you.
******


I am not sure these messages are always for me.  I feel REST these days.  Perhaps there is one of you out there that reads my blog that needs to find REST.  May these words be amazingly refreshing for you.  May God reveal Himself to you in these words.  Reach out to Him.  Ask Him to give you the strength to make the changes you should be making to find REST.

God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I pay attention to your words many days, but this one REALLY hit home for me, a control freak, type A, tad OCD creature. This is where my faith gets tested, to rest, and LISTEN to what the Lord is saying and directing my path. I really needed this today. Thanks for your inspiring messages!

    ReplyDelete