Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Frozen Fruit Cups

Deciding the menu for our Christmas meal was so fun for me.  The main course was lasagna so the side dishes needed to be light and not heavy.  Several years ago I found this easy recipe for frozen fruit cups.  It was the perfect way to serve fruit alongside the lasagna. 

2-10 oz. packages frozen strawberries or raspberries
2-6 oz. cans frozen orange juice, thawed
2-20 oz. cans crushed pineapple
1-16 oz. can mandarin oranges
1/3 cup lemon juice
6 bananas, sliced

Combine all ingredients. Do not drain fruit. Spoon mixture into muffin tins and freeze.


What was really a challenge was finding a way to stack three muffin tins in my above-the-refrigerator-freezer.  Waffles and ice cream are a good support system for frozen fruit!
Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving.

This makes about 30 fruit cups.

 I served ours in fancy parfait dishes.
I've enjoyed the left-overs for breakfast or mid-afternoon snacks.  Seems I have to eat my fruit to get to my ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment