Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Boring lunch...

I pack my lunch almost every day to eat at work.

One of my colleagues brought a small refrigerator to the office and we keep it in the closet. 

You read that correctly.  There was an outlet in a closet for us to plug in that dorm-sized refrigerator. 

This is a very old building, it used to be the courthouse.  It has been renovated for office space.  It would be interesting to know if this closet had always been a closet...

Back to my lunch.

This morning as I put my lunch bag into the refrigerator, I announced to my office mates that we should do something different today at lunch time.  I asked them for their thoughts on just picking any lunch bag to eat instead of eating each of our personal lunches. 

There was silence in the office.

I tried again.

"Wouldn't it be fun for one of you to grab my lunch instead of your own to eat today.  It would be like going to a potluck."

Silence.

How disappointing it was when I went to the refrigerator just now and saw my lunch bag still there.  No one grabbed it to participate in my new idea.

So I ate my own boring lunch.

For excitement I put the potato chips ON the sandwich.

Amazing what a potato chip can do for a sandwich...

No comments:

Post a Comment