Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

I've had several requests for the Baked Potato Soup that we enjoyed at Thanksgiving. 



Here is the recipe:

3 bacon strips
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Tbls. flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
1 cup half and half cream
Minced fresh parsley (or dried parsley)
Shredded cheddar cheese

In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.  Drain, reserving 1 Tbls. drippings.  Set bacon aside.  Saute onion and garlic in the drippings, until tender.  Stir in flour, salt, basil, and pepper; mix well.  Gradually add broth.  Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.  Add the potatoes and cream; heat through but do not boil.  Garnish with bacon, cheese and parley.  Yield 4-5 servings.

Hints:  I cooked up a rotisserie chicken we had purchased from the supermarket. Most of the meat was gone but I cooked what was left in water and used this as the chicken broth for my soup.  The meat that I was able to rescue, I used in the soup also.  Also, I left the peel on the potato. 

This is an "amazingly" good soup recipe!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment