Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

I found this great recipe for Pulled Chicken Sandwiches on Food.com.  On two separate occasions I've made this recipe and both times there have been great reviews by my family and friends. 

1 medium onion, sliced thinly and placed on the bottom of a crock pot
Add 3 boneless chicken breasts.  I have used frozen chicken breasts. 
 Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken:
1 cup ketchup
2 T. cider vinegar
2 T. molasses
1 T. yellow mustard
1/4 t. black pepper
1 t. onion powder
1/4 t. cumin
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. Tabasco sauce
pinch of salt
Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
When the chicken is falling apart, use two forks to shred the chicken. 

I have served this with buns, chips and a bowl of fresh fruit (peaches, raspberries and apple).
This is an amazingly easy, delicious meal!  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment