Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Feelings

Feelings...nothing more than feelings...

Are you singing along with me?  That wasn't really the direction I wanted to go with this post but the words and that song popped into my head.

As I'm getting ready for bed, I picked up my Joyce Meyer devotional and read today's post.  And I started to giggle because at work today, we were talking about feelings versus facts.  The point being, when you have to have a crucial conversation it is best to focus on the facts and not get emotional.

Yes, there are times when we need to speak up and say "my feelings are hurt" or "that made me feel..."

But then there are times when the facts and just the facts need to be stated. 

So with that discussion in my head, I read the following from Joyce Meyer in her Starting Your Day  Right devotional (or in my case...ending your day right as I'm getting ready to sleep).

********

Don't Let Feelings Rule
"This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction; that Your word has revived me and given me life".  Psalm 119:50

God showed me that we are always going to have feelings, and that denying the existence of them is not godly.  We do have to learn how to manage them, so they don't manage us.

If we live by our feelings, we will be destroyed, because our feelings aren't always in line with God's truth.  We are to walk by faith in His promises, and not by sight or how things appear or the way we feel (see 2 Corinthians 5:7).  Ask God to keep your feelings balanced with the truth of His Word today.
********
 
 
Don't let feelings rule.  Ask God to keep your feelings balanced with the truth in His Word.
 
Those are good words to ponder on as I slide down under the covers and snuggle in. 
 
Oh Lord, thank You that you made me to have feelings.  Being robotic and not experiencing feelings wouldn't be fun at all.  I do ask that You help me keep my feelings balanced according to Your Word.  That all areas of my life would be in balance with You.  I bless Your name and am thankful for the feelings of love, peace and contentment that I have right now.  Praise You!  In the name of Jesus I pray...Amen.
 
If you haven't thanked God for the amazing feelings He's created in us...do it now.  And maybe you'll want to pray for balance, too!
 
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment