Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Rub-A-Dub-Dub...reading the Bible in the bathtub. Soaking in those bubbles and soaking in God's Word.  Isn't she cute with her rubber ducky and all of those bubbles!

  It is what I do.  Seriously.  But before I get into that, this replica of me was made by Prairie Woman's daughter.  MB used that fimo clay and just look at the details!  Curls in my hair and toes on my feet.  The faucets on the tub look real.  I just love this because it makes me giggle and yearn for my quiet times with God.  In the bathtub.

Finding a spot to pray, read and spend time with God and not be interrupted is difficult for almost every woman/mom.  But it is so important.  Over time I have found the bathtub to be my spot.  I sing, cry, pray out loud and fill the tub with warm water when I've been in there long enough for the water to turn cold.   My family does tease me.  But at least my friend made me this Woman-Soaking-Praying-In-The-Tub gift because she knows the importance that this tubby time is for me!

SO (capital letters intended to give emphasis to the word), how excited was I when I read my daily devotion from Joyce Meyer the other day.  From her Starting Your Day Right devotional, here is what I read:

**********
Only fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; for consider how great are the things He has done for you.  1 Samuel 12:24.

To have peace, keep your eyes on God.  Get alone to fellowship with Him.  If you have to get in a closet and sit in the middle of all your shoes and hang clothes over your head to hide in order to find solitude..do it!  Then focus on all that God has done for you.

Jesus said to go to your most private room when you pray to the Father, and He will reward you openly for the time you spend with Him (see Matthew 6:6).  Don't miss out on God's abundant blessings for your life.

********
Rub-A-Dub-Dub...run for your tub.  Get in there with your Bible and read His Word.  Then, sit back in the bubbles and praise Him.  Listen to what He has to say to you, too.  Or, if you would rather, run for your closet like Joyce Meyer.  Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment